Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Christmas bug is buzzing

This week I got to play with the new holiday Card Word Art sets from ScrapNfonts and boy were they fun! They come with simple holiday words, phrases and some designs inspired by DoodleBats, Brushes and existing fonts in really nice color palettes. I just printed out everything from each set and started mixing it up. There are so many options.

The colors are just right so that they blend well with paper I already had. For the Holiday Spirit Card Word Art, I matched it up with my Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper and some red card stock I had on hand. The circles in the set are exactly 1.5" so if you have a circle paper punch at that size, cutting these are a cinch. Almost everything else is straight edged so it's really easy to mass produce with a scissors or paper cutter if you're making all your Holiday cards this year.

There's something about circles and pop dots that just go together in my mind. It's like peanut butter and jelly. They just are better together.

The second set I played with was Fa la la Card Word Art. Ok, so I just want to say that to me the holidays = Christmas music. This set totally gets that. Most of the word art in this set is inspired by Christmas music and I LOVE that.

Me and those circles with pop dots should make a club. Does anything do better to flatter a circle? I don't think so. Pop dots, you're my hero.

I was going to add this little guy below to my Fa la la la la card, but I ended up really liking the look of the striped paper, so I left him off. The paper from these cards is from Basic Grey's Lemonade, except when I used the strips provided in the word art kit and the one light blue strip is from random blue cardstock scraps I had laying around.
Can you believe it's already time to make Christmas cards? I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

ADORABLE PROJECTS...HUGS

1CardCreator said...

I just love this set! I posted your blinkie on my blog so I can find my way back again. ~Diane